After how wonderful this month has been, I don’t think I could have picked anything other than you, my dear reader, for the letter Y.
I expected this challenge to be fun, crazy, and mostly, just a way to prove to myself that I really can blog (almost) every day. I never expected to find so many fascinating blogs, meet lots of fun people, and see more traffic in one month than this blog has seen ever. Ever. I hardly believe it, but without readers, that wouldn’t be possible. So it’s you I have to thank! Thank you for reading, viewing, commenting, and more!
By the numbers:
- In this month alone, I’ve received about 8 times the amount of comments this blog has received in its entire time online (about two years).
- With only a third of the year gone, I’ve already had more views and more visitors than last year — and the majority of that traffic is from this month alone.
- For kicks and giggles, Saturdays were the best days for traffic by far. I have no idea why, but they were. I guess most of work normal hours, and weekends are the freest time for most of my readership; I know they are for me.
What the stats don’t show:
- The writing community is awesome. NaNoWriMo has made this clear to me two years in a row, and the A-Z Challenge has confirmed it yet again. I’ll never know how a community that in theory should probably be really competitive is so kind and so supportive.
- I’ve learned so much this month. Things about others, myself, this blog, what works, what doesn’t, and how I can do something if I commit to it.
- A few of you are like virtual friends now. Hugs and high-fives to the new bloggers I’ve met!